Wednesday 27 August 2014

Anniversary Card

August 27th

Here is a card I made using the Funky foliage stamp.

I masked off a strip to create a narrow border and stamped the image above it. I added a moon mask behind the foliage and masked off the stamped image.

I then used distress inks ....fired brick; wild honey and mustard seed and clarity brushes to create the background.

The foliage was coloured using Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils which are great for subtle shading.

I used a little of the distress ink on the moon after removing the mask.

 

 

The border was divided randomly and I used the same pencils to add colour to it and my favourite word from the word chains for this anniversary card.

The little bird finished it off.

I need to get better at stamping this as it is such a large stamp but I was quite pleased with how it turned out and the next one will be better!

Hope you like it too.

Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils

Note about these amazing pencils. I had a tin of 36 of these and while chatting to Barbara Gray at our retreat about whether to buy the Spectrum Noir pencils and which tin to chose she said that really the Faber-Castell Polychromos were the Rolls Royce of pencils but obviously expensive.

I decided to think about them a bit longer and then won first prize of £100 in our work lottery and managed to find all 120 pencils for £104 a bargain! So I have invested in them. They are amazing and I am really enjoying using them. A good use of my prize money I felt!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. All comments are read and greatly appreciated. X x x